[TowerTalk] wx proof connector

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Dec 10 12:39:29 EST 2008

On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 11:52:07 -0500, Pete Smith wrote:

>Small split bolts for copper wire are another good solderless alternative,
>particularly for high power.  Available at Home Depot, etc.  They also make
>a mechanically strong connection.

YES!  My wire antennas are high in trees, fed with big coax, and get a lot of
wind, so must be mechanically strong. I use big copper and split bolts for the
electrical connections. McMaster Carr also sells them 25 to a box at a better
price than HD or Lowe's.

I also use Pomona connectors (dual banana) as quick disconnects for antennas
that I occasionally reconfigure, lashing them together with a TyWrap or small
rope. They work well.

73,

Jim K9YC