[TowerTalk] fiberglass masts

Bill Cotter n4lg at qx.net
Sat Dec 13 11:02:06 EST 2008

I use these poles as open wire supports to the back of my property.
The pole that supported the open-wire side-feeder to the 120ft high
delta loop was 25ft high. That mast kept breaking at the joints
when the wind got over 15mph - splitting the fiberglass section and
coupler. I installed two automotive hose clamps at every joint, and
have no problems in the highest of winds.

These mast were meant for minor duty at 12ft or less, which makes
them ideal for feedline supports. Anything more requires some
engineering to find the limits.

73 Bill N4LG