[TowerTalk] 12-14-2008 update on Palmdale ham radio ban

Dennis OConnor ad4hk2004 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 16 07:58:33 EST 2008

Many hams (if not most) would like an absolute law allowing them to put up towers/antennas... This is not going to happen in your lifetime, or mine...

Even as Palmdale heats up there are innumerable other communities where people are, this very minute, complaining to the municiple authorities about antennas of all kinds - including 'your' ham radio antennas - and also parked RV's, lawn ornaments, political signs, the color of the paint, weeds, sofa's on the front porch, and on, and on... Elected officials respond to those who elected them - it is called the democratic system of government..

As a minority, we hams have to depend upon the courts to protect us from the tyranny of the majority...  We as a minority are ENTITLED to exactly as much justice as we can AFFORD...  Palmdale will come down to who can afford more justice, the town or the hams...  Whining won't change it...  Only money will...

denny / k8do