[TowerTalk] RTV? What Kind?

Doug Hill. doug at tricotower.com
Tue Feb 5 12:18:45 EST 2008

To all;
If it is going outside in the weather atop a tower or you plan to leave it
where you can get to it,  may I suggest that you put at least two (2) layers
of Scotch 88 as a courtesy wrap under the RTV or what ever you use so if you
do need to re open for any reason you can do so. Especially over expensive
connectors (will keep the RTV out of threads and off of the actual
connection) . This is something we have used in the tower industry for years
and it works.. We also use "Vapor Wrap" from DB / Andrews and Scotch Coat
which is a rain on type of sealant. These products are not cheap but are
what have been used by tower crews for years.
Hope this helps and did not mean to barge in.
Doug