[TowerTalk] RTV? What Kind?

Pat Barthelow aa6eg at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 5 13:13:53 EST 2008

Sealants

The professional, rubbery, tacky sealants that are often used in Cell Site installations, and come in a roll/sandwich paper can often be had for the asking at any cell site under construction.  The Site crew often works from a pre stocked shippng container that is often over stocked on some items, particularly boxes of the sealant.  A crew I checked with said, sure, take a bunch, they dont need it, and it solves their waste disposal problem.  By they way, the same goes for other useful items, like Andrews Coax, hangers, shrink boots, connectors, etc.  If you find a crew out on a site, wait until the site is almost complete, to see what the  crew has in excess, and are prone to donate...

The Crew foreman told me that after they complete the site, the removal of extras helps them, as they cannot just toss it to a trash container, and it costs to dispose of "waste" from the installation container.

All the best,
Pat Barthelow
aa6eg at hotmail.com
http://www.jamesburgdish.org
Project Manager,  Jamesburg Moonbounce Team