[TowerTalk] Is there a decent way to fit a prop pitch in Rohn 25 tow

Rob Frohne frohro at wallawalla.edu
Wed Feb 6 13:38:45 EST 2008

Thanks Steve,

That explains a thing that was really bothering me on the 45G specs.  I
saw so many people putting much more than the specs allowed, and getting
away with it for decades.  It seems intuitively It just didn't add up.
It makes me want another seven sections of 45G even more.  Thanks for
the tip!

Another thing that doesn't completely make sense to me is that as the
towers grow, the wind loading falls very slowly (less than a square foot
per ten foot section).  If you look at the wind loading of another
section that has been added, it is significant (around three square feet
per section).  The explanation I guess is that the guy wires move up.
This makes me wonder what the allowable wind loading is if you move the
guys up to the top of the top section instead of five feet down.  It
should improve it seems to me, and maybe fairly significantly.  Does
anyone have a good explanation of this?

Thanks,

Rob, KL7NA