[TowerTalk] guy wire question

John K5XA k5xa at godfather-ridge.com
Mon Feb 11 11:03:30 EST 2008

I used the 8' yellow guy guards that the utility companies put at the bottom
of their wire guy wires. I was able to purchase them from a local telco for
less than $6 each. They are already slit, and have an interior apparatus
that secures them to the guy wire. They're pretty simple to install.

I installed two on each bottom set of guys near the very bottom of the wire,
leaving some space in between to accommodate a tension gauge.

They are very noticeable, and I no longer worry about running into my guy
wires when I'm out mowing.

73,
K5XA