[TowerTalk] cleaning aluminum beam elements

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Sun Feb 17 10:30:15 EST 2008

In a message dated 2/16/2008 7:43:57 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

>  Does Krylon affect the characteristics of the antenna?   I've heard
conflicting information about this but have not personally done  a
"before and after" antenna analysis.  Anyone?

    The only experience I've had with Krylon is when  a customer sprayed it
on his antenna including the plastic KLM antenna  element brackets. They all
cracked and had to be replaced.

    Does the manufacturer recommend spraying the  antenna with anything? I've
never seen it. Another application of the LXC  Prime Directive to "DO what
the manufacturer says." The converse is also  true.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)