[TowerTalk] shrink tubing & coax connectors

Larry Essary larry at pulse.net
Tue Jan 1 12:35:26 EST 2008

Peter...

For the coaxial cable products that we produce we use a 1200 watt heat gun.
The key is to use adhesive heat shrink and make sure you have heated the
heat shrink to the point that the adhesive runs out the ends of the heat shrink.
This will give you a proper moisture seal.

Larry - WA5WWH

I understand that it is good practice to use shrink tubing to cover the barrel of a crimp-on coax connector.  What wattage heat gun will do a proper job of shrinking the 3/4 inch tubing covering the RG-213 connector's barrel?

73 & Happy 2008!
Peter, AE1T