[TowerTalk] shrink tubing & coax connectors

Mark Beckwith n5ot at n5ot.com
Tue Jan 1 14:45:03 EST 2008

> The key is to use adhesive heat shrink and make sure you have heated the
> heat shrink to the point that the adhesive runs out the ends of the heat
> shrink.
> This will give you a proper moisture seal.

Sometimes I pump in some hotglue to have what I am thinking is the same
effect.  You dribble it in out of the hot glue gun, it goes in there, it
hardens, and then when you use your heatgun to shrink the tubing it softens
again, it flows, and it squishes out the end of the heatshrink when the
heatshrink shrinks.  When it cools it's all one cohesive very tight package.

Am I fooling myself?  I don't appear to have any moisture ingress but then I
am not inspecting either - I base my conclusion on the fact that there are
no failures.  As far as I can tell it works great and a $2 hot glue gun
becomes a really great asset in the feedline arsenal.

Happy new year everyone.

73 - Mark, N5OT