[TowerTalk] Large, I mean large steel building for a vertical ground plane

Dino Darling dino at k6rix.com
Sun Jan 6 15:45:47 EST 2008

>Bill Parry wrote:
>With a building that large, you could probably mount a couple and phase them!

Ohhhh... I really LIKE this idea!!!

At the 2006 DX Convention in Visalia, a speaker talked about phased
vertical he put up for 40 meters.  THEY WORKED GREAT!  I wish I
remembered who gave that talk.  He was a broadcast engineer.

I would HIGHLY recommend investigating the proper spacing for 80/75
meter, 40, and 30 meter spacing for a pair of BigIr's.  Have your
contractor place multiple 2" risers on the roof.  Then its just a
matter of unbolting the antennas and moving them to the proper
riser.  It sure would be good to experiment!  maybe there is a good
compromise for all 3 bands.  Maybe you can center mount the main
radiator and just move the "other" antenna as desired.  So many questions!

Are you able to erect the rectangular building in a east/west
configuration?  Be sure ALL the panels are well bonded!  Smear the
overlaps with Noalox!  I would LOVE to have something like this!

Dino - K6RIX
dino at k6rix.com