[TowerTalk] Help Identifying tower from photo

W5CPT w5cpt at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 28 20:26:40 EST 2008

It could be Rohn 20G or 25G.

Major (noticeable) differences:
20G = 7 horizontal cross members per section
25G = 8 horizontal cross members per section

20G = 1/4" crossmember material
25G = 5/16" crossmember material

There are other differences such as the gauge of the steel in the legs, with 25G having a thicker gauge and hence is heaver.  The two dimensions listed above are the fastest way to check.

Do not dismiss 20G. While it is lighter weight and strength, it is still usable is one is prudent in the loading.  Here in the Midwest 20G is plentiful and cheap if not free for the taking (down).

Clint - W5CPT - West Kentucky