[TowerTalk] Open wire feed line length

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Wed Jul 2 13:36:07 EDT 2008

I believe the use of nonresident feed line is a common consideration.

Apple with the dipole, I am thinking that your ground system is a good idea,
but maybe not fully necessary, as the antenna is fully balanced.

Why not use a 4:1 balun, to bring the 450 ohms on the window line
down to 50 ohms, or thereabouts?  In outboard tuners, there is
usually a 4:1 balun, not a 1:1 balun, for open feed line,  so I am
curious about your choice of that ratio.

Thanks in advance
Happy trails and 73.    ----  Richards - K8JHR ----