[TowerTalk] Open wire feed line length

Alfred Frugoli alfred.frugoli at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 14:16:12 EDT 2008

Using a 4:1 Balun gets you nowhere near 50 ohms if you're coming from 450ohm
ladderline (which is not specified in the oroginal post), it gets you closer
to 110ohms.  What you need is a 9:1 balun to take 450 ohm line to 50 ohms.
However, if your only RF issue is with the keyboard, you may be better off
putting a choke on the USB cable to the keyboard rather than trying to track
down the problem by changing feedlines and baluns.  There's lots of
information online about RFI mitigation using ferrite online..

Good luck.

73 de Al, KE1FO

-----
Visit my amateur radio contesting blog at ke1fo.wordpress.com.