[TowerTalk] Serving Tool for guy wire

W5CPT w5cpt at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 10 17:31:34 EDT 2008

The serving tools we used in the military were a piece of metal about 12" long, 1' wide with a 1/8" hole about 1/2" from the end and a pair of linemen's pliers.   And gloves, good thick gloves.  Serve 3 sets of guys (not mentioning the insulators) and you will always go with grips (and Phillystran).

>From the towers I have seen in the last 10 years serving cable ends is a lost art.  It is pretty and helps when ice builds up on the guy and then slides down, but it is a tremendous amount of work.

Clint - W5CPT