[TowerTalk] 2 HAMS died in Kansas City - Common Sense

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Jul 15 12:45:08 EDT 2008

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 05:02:07 -0400, Roger (K8RI) wrote:

> My local ham friends made fun of me when I hired an electrician
>> to run a second 110 v and also a separate 220 v line to my new
>> shack in my new house.   They said I should save the $250 and
>> put them in myself.  Easy... no problem...
>>

>I wouldn't hesitate to run the wiring and have, both 110 and 220.
>Then had the electrical inspector come out and check it.

All of us must know and respect our own limitations. I'm an EE and
teach the design of power systems for audio, but I don't do my own
power wiring because I'm not good at the mechanical installation
work that goes with it. I'm also incompetent as a carpenter!
Likewise, at 67 years old, I don't climb trees or towers, nor am I
a structural engineer. I hire professionals to do that work.

73,

Jim K9YC