[TowerTalk] long cable pull

K6TFZ at aol.com K6TFZ at aol.com
Sat Jul 19 20:34:19 EDT 2008

Speaking of pulling cable:

I have a prox 24,000 sf building that had a LOT of heavy duty
power in it. I used it in my printing biz until I stopped  manufacturing
last year. Last week unknown persons cut the power drops, waited
until the alarm batteries went dead and proceeded to clean out a
bunch of 3 wire 4/0 cable. I found several bottles of 409 around.
An insurance electrician guessed the scrap value at maybe $1K
but the bill to restore (if we don't have to bring it all up to code)
will be a minimum of around $80K. I guess 409 works too but
they aren't going to reuse the cable.

Geoff, K6TFZ

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.