[TowerTalk] sealing conduit

Gregg Seidl k9kl at centurytel.net
Thu Jul 31 19:20:26 EDT 2008

I'm wondering how other seal conduit runs out to the towers.
    I installed 4 inch non-perforated drain tile to both my towers.MUCH MUCH
cheaper then pvc conduit.I want to seal the ends up in a way to keep
critters out.I'm not too worried about water because I believe it is
impossible to keep water out no matter what you do.I use cables cables that
are direct burial..I also want to allow it to "breathe".I thought of used
that foam stuff that you can use to seal up cracks around your windows and
such.Then I'd drill a small 3/16 maybe hole behind  the plug to allow it to
breathe.Plus this way when I get a stupid idea to install another antenna
all I need to do is get the stuff out which is easy.
    I'm always open to other ideas.  Gregg K9KL