[TowerTalk] Identify Hardline

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Wed Jun 18 22:43:08 EDT 2008

I'm not sure you're going to be all that thrilled with it.  Here's what
the Tessco web site says about it:

"Radiax slotted coaxial cables solve wireless communication problems in
confined areas, such as buildings and tunnels, functioning as a
continuous distributed antenna. RADIAX is a coaxial cable with carefully
controlled slots in the outer conductor that allows RF signals to be
coupled from and into the cable uniformly along the entire length of
cable.  RADIAX cable is an excellent tool for communications in
buildings where the potential for RF blockage of point-source antennas
due to obstructions is high and where multiple services such as
cellular, PCS, paging, and safety/emergency communications are required."

I suppose it is likely that the slots might not actually allow very much
leakage at HF, but the downside is that you lose the water-tightness of
normal heliax for buried applications.  It will be interesting to hear
what kind of loss you measure.

73,
Dave   AB7E