[TowerTalk] worlds biggest yagi

donovanf at starpower.net donovanf at starpower.net
Sat Mar 29 18:33:54 EDT 2008

Billy is correct,

VE6JY's antenna is an OWA Yagi, using the classic two element OWA driver system.  One element is a driven element and the second element is a tightly coupled parasitic element whose primary function is to approximately double the VSWR bandwith available with the driven element alone.

At the low frequency end of the VSWR bandwidth, almost all of the driver current flows in the driven element, at the upper frequency end  almost all of the driver current flows in the tightly coupled parasitic element.

73
Frank
W3LPL