[TowerTalk] antenna sling for tramming

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Mon May 12 08:16:42 EDT 2008

In a message dated 5/12/2008 12:25:29 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
wc1m at msn.com writes:

>> Looping that haul line around the center element with half  hitches
>> whether above or below the boom should cure this  tendency.

>  Difficult when the antenna has no  center element. It's a 2-el.

    In that case I use a yoke. Loop the  tagline around one element, down the
boom and then down the other element  - with both sides tied together forming
a sort of triangle. I'd suggest  using some polypropylene since it's
relatively stiff and won't tend to  get hung up somewhere as you're unrigging it up on
the tower. Or use 2  taglines that go up the element and then tied to the
center of the boom so you  can reach it to unrig. One person can handle both
taglines without much  problem which is better than having 2 amateurs manning the
taglines. One of  them will invariably want to pull too hard.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH

favorites at AOL Food.