[TowerTalk] rebar grounding

Ronald Anderson w9rma at charter.net
Mon May 19 11:16:58 EDT 2008

Hi folks;
I am about to pour 20 yards of concrete for my tower (SSV).  Now I have
been told over the years not to ground my tower through the poured
cement.  Well I have some folks who think I should ground the two
rebar mats plus the tower to the rebar.  Of course what comes to mind
is the splitting of the base if it ever took a major hit.

I have always thought that his was a no-no and just ground the three
legs of the tower in the usual way I always have buy using two ground
rods on each leg and then tie all of the grounds together and then tie
them into the main electrical ground of the house/hamshack.

Your thoughts!

Ron

Checked by AVG.
7:44 AM