[TowerTalk] Fwd: Re: Most Connectors sold to Hams are JUNK

Cqtestk4xs at aol.com Cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Mon May 19 16:51:04 EDT 2008

Generally you get what you pay for.  It never ceases to amaze me guys  will
go out and put up a $1000 dollar antenna on a $1000 tower and put some  surplus
manure coax and cheesey Chinese PL-259s...and then bitch about high SWR,  how
the antenna doesn't work etc.

Penny wise, pound foolish.Go out and invest in some Belden, Times and
Amphenol stuff..

The only low quality connectors I ever bought were cheap...and cheaply  made.
 There's nothing like having a T-connector fall apart as you  tighten the
connections to  your stack at 150 feet up.  No, it wasn't  an Amphenol.

Bill KH7XS/K4XS

favorites at AOL Food.