[TowerTalk] Fwd: Re: Most Connectors sold to Hams are JUNK

Dennis Vernacchia n6ki73 at gmail.com
Mon May 19 17:49:48 EDT 2008

Well even some of the Amphenol PL-259 connectors are hard to solder to.

Have been buying  this easy to solder Amphenol P/N  PL-259 lately from
Mouser Electronics
( I am sure other vendors carry them )

It is Silver Plated so no soldering issues !

Amphenol 83-1SP
Mouser P/N 523-831SP<http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?qs=qhgJLQbFbXlx2vb4pGU9mQ%3d%3d>
$3.13 ( Cheaper for quantity order )

I have no pecuniary interest in this matter

73, Dennis N6KI
Sandy Eggo