[TowerTalk] wire size/type for bonding ground rods

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 9 15:44:02 EST 2008

Michael Fox wrote:
> What is the appropriate wire size and type for bonding together several
> ground rods?
>

> I'd prefer something I can direct bury.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Michael - N6MEF

Bonding for NEC, for lightning protection (NFPA 780) or for RF? The
rules (for the first 2) are different (there are no rules for the last)

Ground electrodes being used for what? (What's ok for "earthing" a
communications system is different than what's ok for "earthing" a AC
entrance panel).

In general, it's going to be fairly large (AWG6-ish) copper, which can
be directly buried.