[TowerTalk] wire size/type for bonding ground rods

Michael E Fox (N6MEF) N6MEF at mefox.org
Mon Nov 10 00:16:04 EST 2008

Hi Jim,

Good question.  I should have been more clear.

This will be for bonding several ground rods together and to the main
electrical ground.

The tower is bonded to the tower ground rods with copper strap.  My station
ground is bonded to a different ground rod right outside with copper strap.
But I need to connect the rods together and to the house safety ground.  I
know strap is best, but it's going to be hard to run.  So I'm wondering if
#4 bare copper wire is sufficient and o.k. to direct bury.

Michael