[TowerTalk] House entrance ground for RF ground?

Tom Anderson andersonww5l at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 6 12:52:27 EDT 2008

Dick:

I'm sure some hams face the same problem I do.  My tower and grounds are on one side of the house and the electric co. grounds are on the other.  To get to them, I'd have to drill a hole underneath my driveway and a good portion of the house, probaly 60-70 feet at least to reach them.  There was no way with this house layout that the tower could have been put anywhere near the electric service co. grounds, my tower would have been in the middle of my driveway hi hi.   I just ended up grounding each legs of the crank up tower, bonding all three together with #2 solid and tying them to the station grounds about 10 feet away.  Still had to drill there about 10 ft. under a patio to connect the tower and station grounds.

Tom, WW5L