[TowerTalk] N-connector double-D punch

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 15 18:32:29 EDT 2008

I assume you're looking for a punch that is .641 diameter, with 0.546 across the flats (that's what's in the Amphenol catalog)..

Indeed, Greenlee doesn't appear to have ones small enough (at least, according to the Mouser catalog)

http://www.bromac.biz/sizes.htm has one that's pretty close.. BMP-8DD, 0.635 diameter and 0.540 across the flats.. slightly smaller than what Amphenol recommends, but since the connector is actually 0.531 across the flats, it might work.

BUT, for $170, you could probably find another way to solve the problem.
http://www.buckeyeshapeform.com/buckeye-enclosures/pdf/DoubleDpunchlist.pdf also has exactly the size you need.
I don't think they actually sell the punch, it's just a stock hole size for them.

frontpanelexpress...  a 12"x12" aluminum panel 3mm (0.118") thick with 9 doubleD holes to the Amphenol dimnesions is $42.82 without shipping.  The holes cost $0.61 each