[TowerTalk] LM-470 Installation Info Needed

Bill Gaines AD8P ad8p at wcoil.com
Tue Oct 21 21:37:22 EDT 2008

I have my "new-to-me" LM-470 bolted to the raising fixture and resting in a horizontal position. I have been looking at the manual I have and it says to run the raising cable up thru the upper pulley on the raising fixture then down to the tower thru a 4" pulley and back to the original pulley on the fixture. The drawings show a sort of bracket that is holding this pulley and the bracket encompasses the pulley in such a way it would be nearly impossible to bind up. I don't think I have this bracket. I have 2- 5" pulleys but I thought they would mount on the raising fixture. I also have a few extra-but-used 3.5" pulleys and no bracket. Do I need this bracket? Or can I simply put a bolt thru the pulley and use the small cable assembly that came with it to loop around the tower leg to secure the pulley to the tower?

I just wanna do it right so I am asking.

Bill AD8P