[TowerTalk] Using old coax for ground wire

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Wed Oct 22 01:01:58 EDT 2008

You misconstrue or misinterpret what I said.

"Many instructions from tower manufacturers" means the first
line of instructions that come with the tower or antenna, not some
second hand pass down version for some other product or situation.
"Manufacturer instructions"  mean those instructions the manufacturer
provides with the product when you buy it. Your definition seems a
little strained and over broad, and not what I would consider a
commonsense, regular guy meaning of the term.  Thus, I suspect
you are working a little too hard on this criticism.

Personally, I ONLY buy new.  I always follow the manufacturer's
instructions sheets.  I never substitute what I think is an effective,
but cheap alternative component.  I have personally been involved
in (i.e., handled) million-dollar lawsuits against tower and/or
other product manufacturers, and know what it takes to win.
The only good case is one where the consumer follows all
manufacturer instructions exactly,  otherwise the consumer
risks causing his own injuries or loss.

As for the price -- another poster indicates I made a mistake
in that, and I apologize if I was confused or misstated the price
from the catalog I looked at.   Not my intention to give incorrect
information.

Just my take.

Happy trails and 73.    ----  Richards - K8JHR ----