[TowerTalk] Yaesu G-1000DXA problem

jeff kb2m at arrl.net
Mon Sep 8 17:32:42 EDT 2008

  We recently had some heavy winds here on the east coast. A consequence of
this is that my antennas twisted around on the mast some. I realigned to
true north, taking into account that my antenna feedline loop will be a
tight wrap when antennas are rotated  past 240 degrees or so. So I
re-aligned all this in my s/w so I would not extend myself past this point.
Next time I drop the tower I was going to rotate everything back to normal.
But I forgot to realign the  offset in my s/w for my 40m rotatable dipole.
To make a long story short I think this morning I clicked on a 40 m spot and
drove my rotor  past the 240 degree point. The antennas stopped rotating,
but what I think happened is that the s/w was still trying to turn the rotor
that was stuck by the coax loop, and the rotor was still trying to turn even
though it was jammed . Now I have no rotation at all, I'm looking for some
advice on trouble shooting the problem. Any suggestions on where to start?
I'm looking for any readings I can get from the rotor cable to try and
figure out what happend at the rotor before I climb the tower. Thanks in
advance for any help...

73 Jeff kb2m