[TowerTalk] Log Periodic Choice

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 12 09:16:39 EDT 2008

Edward Sylvester wrote:
> Get a Steppir!

For the same physical size, covering the same bands:
The LPDA will be heavier (more elements)
The LPDA will probably have slightly less gain than an optimized 3
elements/band Yagi.
The LPDA might have lower front/rear ratio.
The LPDA has continuous coverage, as opposed to bands.

Compared to the SteppIR:
The LPDA can switch between frequencies in less than a microsecond, and
can do all frequencies at one time.  If you are doing ALE or frequency
hopping among bands, the LPDA is the hot ticket.