[TowerTalk] CrankUp LM 470 Tower - Help...???

Bill Winkis kc4pe at bellsouth.net
Fri Sep 19 07:10:07 EDT 2008

If you have a TriEx LM-470 or the Tashjian copy of, then I need your help.

 On relocating the tower I need a new RCB-70LT (Rebar base with mounting ears). I placed an order with Tashjian last May and still no shipment from Tashjian. I've been toldand went to the top of the list many times that I was next on the list and even given shipping dates that were pure stories..

Finally in July I was told they were over their big government contract and ready to do Amateur Radio stuff. A month later I was told NO they had to do some big commerical orders that just came in and hopefully I would have the base before the year is out...

At his point I asked them to send me the three ears and I would have the frame welded up locally. ( I have all the detailed prints) No!  was the answer they don't do that because when they did they got into trouble.

So now I thinking about talking to a machine shop/metal contractor and let him build the frame.

Here is where I need help, if you have digital camera and a LM70 tower would you please go out and take some close up pictures of the base mount, so the contractor can see the relationship between the base/tower/tilt-over-frame. A couple of shots with various angles would be great...I don't need the tower tilted or anything just the three ears bolted together etc.

Thanks,

-Bill

Kc4pe at bellsouth.net