[TowerTalk] Tram Pulley

Dick Green WC1M wc1m at msn.com
Tue Sep 23 23:21:15 EDT 2008

If you use EHS or wire rope for tramming, you should use a pulley or trolley
with steel sheaves. Plastic sheaves can be cut in half by a steel cable.
Aluminum sheaves are too soft and can be grooved or broken.
Here's what I use:


Best price I was able to find is here:


This trolley will work with a rope, too.

I like the trolley configuration because it provides a large effective
diameter. A steel-sheave pulley with equivalent diameter and breaking
strength would be very expensive.

73, Dick WC1M

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jason Dugas [mailto:kb5urq at hotmail.com]
> Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 3:13 PM
> To: towertalk at contesting.com
> Subject: [TowerTalk] Tram Pulley
> I am looking for a pulley (available online?) that I could use for a
> tram.  I'm going to use it to raise a couple of medium-sized yagis up
> to the top of my tower.  I haven't been able to find much around my
> house at the hardware stores and was hoping someone could make a good
> suggestion based on their experiences.
> Thanks,
> Jason
> _________________________________________________________________
> See how Windows connects the people, information, and fun that are
> part of your life.
> http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/msnnkwxp1020093175mrt/direct/01/

More information about the TowerTalk mailing list