[TowerTalk] Tram Pulley

Dick Green WC1M wc1m at msn.com
Tue Sep 23 23:21:15 EDT 2008

If you use EHS or wire rope for tramming, you should use a pulley or trolley
with steel sheaves. Plastic sheaves can be cut in half by a steel cable.
Aluminum sheaves are too soft and can be grooved or broken.

Here's what I use:

http://www.cmi-gear.com/catalog/pulleys/pullspecs.asp?partnum=trolley

Best price I was able to find is here:

http://www.modernmountainman.com/catalog.php?type=product&id=18833

This trolley will work with a rope, too.

I like the trolley configuration because it provides a large effective
diameter. A steel-sheave pulley with equivalent diameter and breaking
strength would be very expensive.

73, Dick WC1M