[TowerTalk] 'WWV halfwave vertical", was Vertical vs Beam

Bill Axelrod bill at axelrods.org
Mon Apr 6 15:40:20 PDT 2009

what would at the other end of the antenna spectrum from a 100 foot tower
with the biggest M2 or SteppIR yagi beam on it.

How much is just enough for WHAT?

Good enough for WHAT?

When the sunspots return, a two element mini-beam at 30 ft on 20 through 10
meters will make you smile compared to a dipole or vertical.  A SteppIR
DB-36 or a 40 meter two element and a FORCE-12 5BA at 100' will glue that
smile on your face.  Or do you want to dominate in contests?

73...   Bill ND9E