[TowerTalk] polarization change

NE6V NE6V at roadrunner.com
Fri Apr 10 13:27:51 PDT 2009

Hi you are correct these antennas take 2 feedlines and you can switch via
your alpha-delta switch box or what ever. I have one up and it works GREAT.
A 4.5 ' boom, 5.5 lbs and our  models on the conservative side show
approx:7db gain frwd, but that # is a VERY CONSERVATIVE. I feel it is better
to be conservative with the gain number and surprise folks rather than give
some way out number and then disappoint folks. The six 6 meter 5 element is
equally a quality antenna of course larger and heavier. Also offers vert and
horz polarization. This stuff does work. They may NOT BE the very best,  but
they are by no means the worst. The quality of the workmanship is
impressive. These antennas are not held together by rivets or pipe clamps,
we use a very unique "hub" which is very secure. I have pictures of the
mounts for anyone that would like.

This morning via a phone conference call the decision was made to continue
forward into the Amateur Market. Yours truly will be over seeing the effort.
A redesigned "V quad" for 10-20 including the warc bands will be introduced
very soon. Besides Gizmo's for MURS freq.(152.00 MHz), 220, 440, 900 and
1.2.

The biggest and greatest news I can tell everyone, is Charles Electronics,
owns the dies and drawings to all the "Wilson electronics" products. I got
involved with Charles Electronics, when I needed parts for my Wilson SYS-1.
During many months of conversations I was pulling for the reintroduction of
the Wilson line. I ended up getting involved more than I ever imagined, and
now being put to over see all of the amateur line is really something. So,
the Wonderful line of Wilson products, antennas towers etc, WILL BE
launched. When exactly I can not say for sure. Apparently, the Name is owned
by another firm , but we own the dies, drawings etc. I will keep everyone
posted.

I have made a HUGE push and it will happen for a "separation" of the
divisions. I made it very clear, that the amateur radio side MUST BE
completely free from any of the 11 mtr  sales/activity. After some
discussion the owner understood and agreed. The amateur radio side will have
its own web portal products, catalog etc. I told the owner of yesterdays
events and explained I could not stay involved if the two operations stayed
as they were. So the changes are happening and will be happening.

I understand everyone's concern, I too became concerned, so there for the
changes are happening. These products are high quality and work very well,
so I hope everyone at some point gives these quality built here in the USA
antennas a try.

Thank You,

73
de
NE6V
ARRL Los Angeles Section Affiliated Club Coordinator
ARRL SW Division Cong.Dist.29 LAA
ARRL Life Member