[TowerTalk] Pull ropes in buried PVC

K0FA k0fa at mchsi.com
Mon Apr 13 14:57:00 PDT 2009

When we built our new house last year, I had the constractor install a 100 foot run of 6 inch PVC from the shack to the tower site. However, I did not like the rope that he used for pull ropes in the PVC - the diameter seemed to small and did not appear to be strong enough to pull multiple cables through. I wonder if anyone out there has looked into the best rope type to use that has small enough diameter, but yet has the strength to handle pulling multiple cables through. I am particularly concerned about the rope not getting caught on existing coax/control cables already installed in the PVC. Thanks for any assistance!

73............Randy, K0FA