[TowerTalk] source for tower bolts

jim Jarvis jimjarvis at optonline.net
Tue Apr 28 06:26:42 PDT 2009

K1LI is looking for bolts for his Rohn guy attachment brackets.
Original galvanized bolts apparently are unavailable from any
industrial sources.

My Question is this:   What's wrong with using stainless steel?
It has to be sked 8 or something, I'm sure.    But what is the impact
of stainless adjacent to the zinc coated galvanizing?

I've done this with leg bolts on Rohn towers many times, with no visible
impact over periods of 5 or so years.

Just curious about the assembled wisdom.

On reflector responses only please,  no directs.
Minimizing email & only see digests.

Tnx.

N2EA