[TowerTalk] What To Use With Rope Guys

Craig D. Smith craig at powersmith.net
Thu Apr 30 20:53:45 PDT 2009

I assume you are referring to the junction between the rope and the antenna
element.   In such situations what I do is form a small loop in the antenna
wire (about 1/2 inch diameter) by clamping it with a couple of small nylon
tie-wraps.  Then I terminate the rope with a nylon "glove hook" which clips
into the wire loop.  The glove hooks can be found in your local sporting
goods or hardware near the nylon webbing, etc. used for repair of outdoor
gear.  They are often attached to ski gloves for the purpose of clipping
them onto jackets, etc.
               73   Craig  AC0DS