[TowerTalk] K9AY performance expectations/help

K4SAV RadioIR at charter.net
Fri Aug 28 21:03:30 PDT 2009

Your problem is more than likely the result of interaction with the
transmit antenna (but you suspected that already).  As a quick test,
listen to a European station on 80 with the K9AY pointed SW.  Then at
the station end of the feedline to the 80 meter loop, either open or
short the coax.  If you hear any change of the signal on the K9AY, you
have the answer.  You may be able to solve the problem by changing the
length of the feedline to the loop.  Another option may be to add a
relay to either short or open (whichever works) the end of the coax
during receive.  You will need to check for the same thing on the other
bands.

Jerry, K4SAV