[TowerTalk] K9AY performance expectations/help

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Aug 29 13:09:14 PDT 2009

On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 12:04:57 -0600, Craig D. Smith wrote:

>I'm using several turns on type 31 ferrite.  If you can find/buy some clamp-
>on cores in an appropriate material you can easily give this a try without
>any major surgery on your setup.

If you like what you get with "several turns," try more turns, guided by my
choke cookbook. Don't bother with clamp-ons unless they're big enough to put a
lot of turns through them. Single turn clamp-ons are pissing in the wind on
160, and "several turns" isn't a lot better. See my choke cookbook, referenced
in previous post.

73,

Jim K9YC