[TowerTalk] K9AY performance expectations/help

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Sat Aug 29 13:29:29 PDT 2009

I tried a K9AY loop and mine worked pretty well on 160m.  On 80m my TX
antenna was a 90+ ft long rotatable homebrew dipole at 160ft high about 350
ft away and I don't recall ever hearing a station on the K9AY loop that I
could not hear on my transmit antenna.  The K9AY loop is ground dependant
and your TX antenna my be effecting it somewhat, but I'm not sure if you'll
ever see dramatic results on 80m.

73,
John KK9A