[TowerTalk] Taper element sections/penetrox/cleaning

pfizenmayer pfizenmayer2 at q.com
Tue Dec 8 10:15:34 PST 2009

One other hint (having rebuilt a KT34 that was up for 27 years) you can find
"tubing brushes " in stainless steel that will fit the ID of the tube being
telescoped into and it does a good job of cleaning that up.They have some
that can be chucked in a drill and others that are manual.(You twist them -
NOT push in and out !!!!) I also used Scotch brite on a wooden stick ala a
rifle bore cleaner after I did the tubing brush.

I can tell you that in AZ of you leave some Penetrox at the junction , in
about two days you will pick up enough dust/pollen/whatever to make a mess.

FWIW -- Hank K7HP

ns.