[TowerTalk] 43' verticals

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Tue Feb 17 02:26:48 EST 2009

I am thrilled with the 80 meter performance of MY 43 foot
DX_Engineering vertical antenna.   Even better on 40 M

I am finally a big signal on many nets where before I was told
they could barely hear me on an AlphaDelta sloper.   Not saying
a big half-wave dipole at 80 feet would not do better sometimes,
but I am now making contacts all over that I could not do before.

On 40 meters the big stick is performance better than my
former half-wave dipole at 35 feet.

I will be adding other antennas, and re-deploy some doublets
or half-wave dipoles but they had to move to accommodate the
big stick.

Cannot tell you how pleased I am to have such improved performance
on these bands.

Note = I have only used it a little on 160 meters... I have had such
good luck on 40 and 80 I have generally used it on those bands.
But it has worked on 160 and even if it ends up weaker down
there, that is good enough as I had nothing working before that.

Just MY take.