[TowerTalk] Radial material choice and effect

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Wed Feb 18 00:03:15 EST 2009

I second Jim's and Lee's answers totally.   Scrounge up a couple
thousand foot spool of 16 gauge or larger (I like 16 or bigger so avoid
breakage after it works its way into the thatch of the lawn - especially
if you use a heavy lawn mower) - and you COULD make your own pins from
old coat hangers, or I USED BIODEGRADABLE PINS from DX-Engineering that
will  fall apart naturally in about a year.   It will take about 4 weeks
for the wire to disappear in the thatch - providing your lawn service
guy does not pull them up every week as mine did until I discovered it !
   He picked them up and replaced them every week and said he did not
mine the work as he wanted to make a good impression.  Man you don't
find workers like that often enough.

Happy trails.   ========= Richards -K8JHR  ==========