[TowerTalk] Cutting aluminum

Richard Gillingham rmoodyg at bellsouth.net
Sat Feb 28 17:07:23 PST 2009

I routinely cut aluminum bar stock , tubing and sheets using a carbide
tipped wood cutting blade.  I don't do so exclusively, but when ever I need
to make a cut I do so, and so far I can say it's been with no damage to the
saw(s) I use.  I use both a miter saw and a table saw to do this.  Feed
slowly, and use eye protection and other common sense safety measures.

Gil, W1RG