[TowerTalk] stacking distances

Gregg Seidl k9kl at centurytel.net
Fri Jan 2 16:31:12 EST 2009

What happens to an antennas pattern when you stack it at more then "best"
spacing?  I have been thinking about going to a 3 stack instead of a 2 stack
of 6M-7JHV's. M2 says 25 feet is best but 30 feet fits my tower better. What
happens to the stacks pattern. I know when understacked the gain suffers. I
would stack them at 32,62 and 92 feet. They would be controlled by an Array
Solutions stack match box. I already have the 2 stack going and really like
it but I think I miss some of the DX because I'm a little to low. I also
want to try some 6 meter moonrise and moonset EME. I can't wait for channel
2 to be gone when they go all digital. Channel 2 just kills me to the SW.
Any thoughts or ideas would be great!  Gregg  K9KL