[TowerTalk] what size wire for kilowatt TX ??

K4SAV RadioIR at charter.net
Sun Jan 4 10:40:03 EST 2009

G3TXQ wrote: I don't know of any programme that will calculate the
voltages and currents - I just did it the "hard way" with Smith Chart
and a pocket calculator

EZNEC will give it to you.  To get the feedpoint voltage press the "Src
Data" button.  To get the currents press the "Currents" button.

As an added trick when you want to know the voltage at various points
where EZNEC doesn't make it available, add a resistor between those
points.  Make the resistance so high that it is negligible.  Then press
the "Load Data" button.  EZNEC will give you the voltage across the
resistor.

Jerry, K4SAV