[TowerTalk] [Spam] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 73, Issue 9

Bill Fuqua wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Sun Jan 4 16:35:57 EST 2009

This is Correct except you have left out the fact that you have an
impedance other than 50 ohms driving it at the feed point.
Your short antenna has an impedance of  R-jX and the antenna tuner combined
with the transmission line
is feeding it with R+jX to get a match. At the feed point the voltage is
much higher from that coming directly out of the
50 ohm coax terminal on the transmitter. The entire system of  antenna,
feedline and antenna tuner make a resonant circuit of much higher Q! than a
normal dipole
antenna so you have loads of circulating current.

73
Bill wa4lav