[TowerTalk] Interaction between Vertical and Yagi

Bob Maser bmaser at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Jan 6 22:08:47 EST 2009

Call me henpecked but the XYL will not let me put my LM354HD unless it goes
in the same spot as my HyTower, which works on 20, 40 & 75 (no stingers for
the other bands).  I am wondering whether anyone has experimented with
putting up a tower within 10 - 12 feet of a HyTower.  I plan on having a 20M
monobander sitting 5 feet above the top of the LM354HD.  Since I don't plan
on lowering the tower very often, the yagi will be ± 6 feet higher than the
HyTower tip(which has a total height of 53 feet.  This HyTower has worked so
well for me on all 3 bands that I really would like to leave it up.  What
kind of interaction  and degradation will I see on each of the 2 antennas?

Bob  W6TR